Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First post and whatever this is.

LCD Lamp 007
This is a “lamp” I guess. It was born out of necessity as I am constantly in need of a decent light source that doesn’t throw a bunch of harsh shadows on whatever I’m working (hah) with.
LCD Lamp 008
That blue thing sticking out of the top is a standard VGA cable; yeah, this thing used to be an LCD display.
 LCD Lamp 010_stitch
I spent a good 3 hours trying to hack together some kind of simple driver circuit for the lights, but in the end I said to hell with that and resorted to hooking it up to my laptop to keep the damn thing lit…Windows 7 believes I have a 2nd monitor over to the right of my desktop. In reality, it’s nothing more than a giant black hole to lose my mouse pointer in. Still, best work light I’ve ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment